A vatting of bourbon with some sherry casks, specially vatted and selected, a complex and satisfying dram.
Nose: Soft cooked fruits with strong peaty aromas.
Palate: Soft mixed fruits and vanilla with an intense sweetness.
Finish: A Classic islay malt now showing the benefit of additional ageing. A long lingering finish.
Accolades and Awards for Kilchoman Machir Bay:
- Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2019 – 94 points
- IWSC 2012 Gold Award – Best in Class
- International Whisky Competition 2011 Whisky of the Year Silver
- International Whisky Competition 2013 Best Scotch Whisky Silver
- International Whisky Competition 2013 Whisky of the Year Gold
- International Wine and Spirit Competition 2011 Gold
- Best Islay Whisky under 12 yr old – Scotch Whisky Masters 2015
- IWSC 2015 – Gold Medal
- Whiskies of the World 2015 – Best in Class
- Whiskies of the World 2015 – Gold Medal
- The Fifty Best 2016 – Gold Medal
- IWC 2015 – 2nd Place Best Single Malt Whisky / 1st Place Best Peated Whisky / 2nd Place Best Single Malt Scotch NAS / 1st Place Best Single Malt (Islay)
- IWC 2016 – 1st Place – Best Peated Scotch Whisky
- IWC 2016 – 1st Place – Best Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- IWC 2016 – 2nd Place – Best Single Malt Scotch Whisky (94.5 points)
- Ultimate Spirits Challenge – 95 points
- Whisky Exchange Best Whisky of the Year 2017
Kilchoman is a unique farm distillery and this animation takes you through all the stages of production, from growing barley in the fields around the distillery to hand bottling on site.
Kilchoman Dist...Kilchoman is a unique farm distillery and this animation takes...